Sunday, March 23, 2014

CANTICUM 15 BEER: Let This Not Be a Love Song


[C] Left your house this morning
[F] Couldn’t wake you up
[C] Rode home in the rain and early morning light
[G] Trying to figure love

My shirts smelled like cigarettes and beer
Like I was wearing all of last night
My soul feels as empty as these morning streets
Trying to understand why we fight

[Refrain]


[F] But let this not be a love song
[C] Cause according to you I’d get it all wrong
[G] Just let this be a memory
[C] Of what once was [C7] between you and me

[F] O let this not be a love song
[C] Even I can’t bear to sing another one
[G] Just let this be a memory
[C] Of what once was [G] between you and [C] me

Tried to call you after I got up
Left a message on your machine
I don’t know why, didn’t mean to make you cry
Can’t you understand what I mean

Remember the Spanish Steps
Two bottles of wine and a loaf of bread
Running all night through our dreams
I loved every single word you said

[Refrain]

Went by your place this evening
After one too many beers
Knew everything I was supposed to say
It was all so goddamned clear

But you weren’t home and I kept drinking
Kept thinking about how good it once was
More good times than could fit in my mind
You’re the only one I’ll ever love

No comments:

Post a Comment